Tokico Illumina Front Sport Shocks BU3730
Whats the best setting for the Illumina? The ideal setting depends upon the vehicle, the purpose, and the driver's tastes. Of course itll be different if your car is rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, or all-wheel drive, but playing with the adjustments to find the best combination is part of learning your cars capabilities and makes you one step closer to mastering the track! Adjustments are even performed by some racers as a quick adjustment to compensate for rain.
Like the Tokico HP, Illumina shocks feature a twin-tube low-pressure design that uses a multistage variable-aperture sandwich-valve system consisting of precision spring plates and angle drilled piston ports. The technology sounds complex, but the result is easy to figure out: more vehicle control, safety, and comfort. Tokico Illumina shocks easily manage this delicate balance due to optimal oil flow inside the shock absorber, which creates the perfect amount of resistance regarding of your driving habits. In addition, Tokico shocks also use a special rod guide design and low friction piston to minimize mechanical drag for improved damping and extended shock life. This is even more important in lowered vehicles since using lowering springs with OEM or worn shocks can result in poor steering response, bottoming-out, harsh ride quality, and complete shock absorber failure. Front suspension application. Sold as pair.
- Suspension Application: 2 Front Shocks
- Construction Type: Twin Tube Low Pressure Gas
- Adjustment Feature: 5-Way Externally Adjustable
- Adjustment Dial Located on Top of Shock Absorber
- 5-way adjustable for tuning your cars weight transfer and overall handling balance
- Better chassis control for reducing body lean during cornering
- Reduced nose dive when braking
- Reduced suspension bottoming
- Improved tire-to-road contact
- Quicker steering response
- Better cornering power
- Better braking traction