Home - Return to Previous Page
Pontiac Grand Prix RideTech Base TigerCage - 41240000
- Pontiac Grand Prix RideTech Base TigerCage - 41240000
- Fits: 1968-1972 Pontiac Grand Prix (A-Body)
- 68-72 GM A-Body Basic Tiger Cage
As with any "rollcage", the main function and ultimate purpose of the TigerCage is to protect the occupants in case of a crash. However, its usefulness is more often expressed in stiffening and strengthening the car's chassis.
The TigerCage is specifically designed to interface with the structural strength points of the oem unibody [or frame] to tie them together & increase torsional rigidity within the chassis.
The main hoop of the TigerCage connects to the area behind the front seats where the rocker boxes intersect the floorboard.
The "back bars" run from the top corners of the main hoop to the rear package tray [which is an important structural reinforcement in most cars] and is secured in both the horizontal plane and the vertical plane to optimize rigidity. The mating trunk bars join with the back bars underneath the package tray and are fastened with reinforced brackets to the rear framerail to complete the base structure.
The optional door bars connect the main hoop to the toeboard/floorboard/rockerbox/"A" pillar area at the base of the "A" pillar. The complete TigerCage structure lends a huge amount of structural rigidity to a unibody or a full frame vehicle.
Not only does this increased rigidity allow extra crash protection, it will allow the vehicles suspension to react more predictably to driver input.
Although every effort is made to optimize the crash protection benefits, please be aware that any crash protection that a TigerCage [or any other rollcage] may offer is strictly coincidental. It is impossible to guarantee any specific level of protection in a crash situation.
- Minimal disassembly of your interior
- Pre-engineered mounting locations designed to interface with structural strength point of car. No need to locate and schedule a competent weldor
- Pre-determined installation time avoids uncertainly of custom fabrication time
Integrity of components and fasteners
- All components and fasteners can be tested and certified as appropriate for the application. Welded joints are harder to test and certify. This is why bridges, buildings, and airplanes are bolted together instead of welded together.
- The TigerCage offers the unique advantage of being able to un-bolt the unit if the car should be sold or you want to restore it to original configuration.
- Connects to structural strength points of the vehicle in the floorboard, A pillar, toeboard, rockerpanel, B pillar, package tray and framerail areas - avoids the need to permanently alter your musclecar with weld-in subframe connectors
- Constructed of .120" wall 304 grade stainless tubing .
- Patented TigerClamps and bungs are made of investment cast 304 stainless steel. The tabs are .375" lasercut plate stainless.
- The TigerClamp has been tested to resist more than 670 ft. lbs of rotational force against the tubing. This means that it takes over 670 ft lbs of force to rotate the TigerClamp around the axis of the tubing. Most small block Chevy's don't make that much torque!
- The TigerClamp system will be available in bulk quantities to suspension manufacturers who wish to develop their own application
- Each unit is specifically designed for the car that it is intended for...no fabrication or modification needed
- Designed to work with oem interior, door panel, and seat components
- The TigerCage fits closely to headliner and interior panels to minimize passenger intrusion
Our name has changed, and the shape of our icon, but behind the new look we are the same company. Air Ride Technologies is RideTech: the same owners, same staff, and most importantly, the same passion for performance.
We do the vast majority of our manufacturing in-house. We do the research and development, CAD drawings, prototyping, CNC machining, CNC tube bending, jig welding, shock assembly and dynoing, airspring crimping and burst testing, and final assembly all within our facility in Jasper, IN. This way we have complete control over every aspect of design, quality and delivery. This is one reason why our backorder rate is virtually ZERO.
Fits: 1968-1972 Pontiac Grand Prix (A-Body)
Professional Installation is Recommended.
Image is for representation purposes only
Image is for representation purposes only
- Item Requires Shipping